วันอังคารที่ 8 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Link Remote Control Booster System Works great but a big BUT....

Hot Link Pro Remote Control Booster System
Hot Link Pro Remote Control Booster System Read more...

  • Repeats signals from 18KHz-120KHz for 6 components using "thick-stick" emitters
  • Compatible with virtually all flat panel displays when mounted on back
  • No drilling- does not need direct line-of-sight; IR eye can be hidden behind display, cabinet, speaker grill or wall plate
  • Complete single box solution for local IR repeating
  • Doubles useful distance of remote controls up to 70'

  • Keep Looking I bought this to hide my Comcast 8300 hd box in the closet. Worked Amazingly. for two weeks. then dropped signals to HD box and to appleTV. I exchanged for a second unit and again Amazing for 1 week. Dropped signal to HD box and AppleTV. Keep looking and hope you find a better product.I know I will keep looking.
    Hot Link Pro Product was easy to install and works great. Controlling both audio and video while relaxing on the deck is a cinch.
    Wonderful Product Wonderful Service! I have owned this amazing product for nearly two years and it works great. Allows me to tuck my components into the cabinet and still control the AT&T UVerse DVD player and Onkyo receiver with any of my remotes. The company also stands behind their products. I sent them an email as I thought the unit wasn't working. They called me within minutes. It turns out I just didn't have the emitter pointed at the eye for the DVD player. Once I repositioned the emitter it was up and working. The nice thing is that they assured me that if it was actually not working they would immediately ship me another one even though it is two years old.
    Works as promised I've purchased this product 3 times now for 3 different units 2 different homes and have been completely satisfied with them all. Some reviewers have indicated delays with certain equipment particularly the DirecTv units with which I also had some initial challenges. However the trick for this is to place the emitter away from your flatscreen TV to reduce interference like to the side well underneath or behind the screen yet still in line of sight. Support is outstanding including free replacement of the sticky pads for the IR emitters. Easy setup works well overall great bang for your buck.
    HOT LINK PRO. Easy set up. Works great. I'm using Hot Link Pro with a 55inch Visio LCD fluorescent edge lighting not LED edge lighting TV a DirecTV satellite receiver a Panasonic BlueRay/DVD/CD player and a Magnavox VHS/DVD/CD player. The TV is mounted high on a living room wall the other three components are in a closet in the next room and are connected to the TV by three highspeed HDMI cables through a 21/4 hole in the wall behind the TV and into the next room's closet. The TV's power cord also goes through that hole as do the Hot Link cables. Absolutely nothing is visible in the living room except what appears to be a wireless TV on the wall. The Hot Link's eye is located entirely behind the TV so is not visible at allthe signal from the remotes bounces off the wall and into the eye. Works smoothly and consistently. The blue confirmation light is so tiny as to be visible only when it blinks when you press a remote button but when it blinks you can't miss it.I used this system for a week before my Hot Link Pro arrived and I had to go into the closet of the next room with the remotes to activate any feature of the DirecTV receiver the BlueRay player or the VHS player. When my Hot Link Pro arrived that all changed in a matter of a halfhour or less. Now all the remotes work perfectly from my chair in the living room. No hitches. The next step will be to get an AllinOne remote like the Logitech Harmony One. EDIT I've since discovered that my DirecTV remote can be easily programmed to operate all four of my components TV DirecTV receiver BluRay/DVD player and VHS player. It handles them all perfectly through my Hot Link Pro. So I won't be needing a new Remote.
    Fantastic! It took me a little doing to get all equipment working with the Hot Link Pro but once it was set up properly I love it. I had trouble getting my ATT Uverse box Cisco IPN330HD working with the link. Last Sunday I emailed Microsmith the manufacturerabout this issue. To my surprise I got a call that evening and got the problem resolved. It seems the Cisco manual shows the IR receiver about a quarter inch to the right of where it actually is. Moving the eye just that much got it working. The tech from Microsmith told me that about half of equipment manuals indicate the wrong location of the IR receiver.I also have a Smart Home pyramid IR blaster. It has two small pyramidshaped pieces. You aim your remote at one it converts the IR to RF sends it to the other part which then converts the RF it received back to IR and blasts the equipment. The problem with this set up is that both pyramids need to be plugged into a power source the part that blasts your equipment needs to be positioned so that it can see all of the devices you want to control it only has outlets for two eyes which need to be purchased separately. If someone is standing in front of the blaster it won't work.The Microsmith Hot Link Pro has none of the above problems. Everything sits near your equipment. Only one outlet needed. It can control six devices and works behind closed doors only the receiver needs to outside of a cabinet and even then it doesn't need lineofsight. I'm going to buy another one to replace my pyramids. I have CFL bulbs in a ceiling fixture in the room and even when there is interference from the lights when they are first turned on the Hot Link still works I need to reposition the receiver to keep the blue activity light from being affected by the lights.As several other reviewers have commented the customer service from Microsmith is OUTSTANDING! They stand behind their product. If you need an IR booster/blaster buy this.
    Discrete profile great IR reception Chose this product based on customer feedback and discrete profile of IR sensing eye. Hot Link system works great with my Roku box prior gen IR remote version and ATT Uverse DVR settop box despite other customer feedback on issues with the latter I had zero with my ATT box. Roku took some online forum research to find where its internal IR sensor was. You can find the internal eye in most devices by shining a flashlight into the face but Roku has a more opaque covering.Actually ran into an issue with my sensor eye cord after changing my cabinet setup. Sent an email to Microsmith Hot Link customer service on a Saturday afternoon received a phone call from someone in California home office 15 minutes later pretty awesome given it was a weekend!. We went through troubleshooting over phone with a very courteous rep and a replacement part was sent out next biz day via USPS for free. Customer service was extremely friendly and sounded committed to fixing the issue mentioned they would replace the unit entirely if the eye cord replacement option didn't work. Despite this temporary setback got the new IR cord installed easily swappable component and works great as it did prior to me moving things around. Hats off to Microsmith for excellent service and commitment to their product.
    Finally! All my living room issues are solved! About a year ago I convinced my wife to let me mount our new tv on the wall and run everything attached to the TV in the closet behind that wall. I had used a well known IR repeater to accomplish this. While this did work it did not work well. The repeater often too .5 to 2 seconds to see if it actually worked when pressing the button on my Harmony One and it was a pain for any guest to use. I read quite a few good things about this system and I am glad I got it. I have hooked this up to my Xbox 360 Dish VIP 6XX and an Onkyo receiver with fantastic results! Everything is responding as if there is no wall in the way and I have it all in a clunky entertainment center as I had in the past. My family is much happier now having actual control over the TV and everything attached.
    Good customer service. Stopped working after 10 minutes and only worked on 1 unit. Poor quailty. Bottom fell off receiver when unpacking and eye had a loose wire. Called customer service and they were very helpful.
    Works great but a big BUT. I've had this item for probably a year now it works great once up and running and its excellent in repeating the IR signals from many angles and far distances. HOWEVER.This product seems to have an issue warming up.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Hot Link Xl CAT-5 Ir Repeater System Product is great customer service is better! I've bought many things online over the years and have never bothered to leave a review but after purchasing this product I just had to.The product is really great it does exactly what it says it's going to do it's easy ...Read the full

    • SmartDisk HLCBL-25 25FT EXTENDER CABLE ( 8225PE ) Works just like it should I used this cable to extend the 'infrared eye' of my HotLink Pro IR Extender. It was exactly what I needed to run from the component cabinet to the base of the fireplace mounted plasma the default cable length ...Read the full

    • DataComm 45-0001-WH 1-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White) Perfect exactly what I needed I mounted a TV on the wall of my kitchen and was looking for an inexpensive way to hide the wires. This is ideal.It's simple to install. You just need two of these and two low voltage brackets like this
    • DataComm 45-0002-WH 2-Gang Recessed Low Voltage Cable Plate (White) Nicely hides cables to wall mounted TV I bought a pair of these 2 gang plates to hide the cables that would otherwise be visible dropping from my wall mounted TV to the cabinet beneath it. Mount the top plate behind your TV with the opening ...Read the full

    • Arlington DVFR1W-1 Recessed Electrical/Outlet Mounting Box, Single Gang Great item but bigger than it looks Seems to be a one of a kind item. It's well made and easy to install but it's large. I wanted a recessed plug behing my tv and this allowed my to instal with a surge protector plug. Home depot/ other ...Read the full

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น