วันอาทิตย์ที่ 15 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Brand Clarion Touchscreen Receiver Bluetooth Unreliable. Not a good value for the $$$

Brand New Clarion Vx401 6.2
Brand New Clarion Vx401 6.2" 2 Din Touchscreen Cd/dvd/am/fm/mp3/wma Receiver w/ USB and Bluetooth Read more...

  • Sirius Direct Connect (DC) Ready: SIRIUS/XM SC-C1 and subscription required
  • 2 Din 6.2" High resolution widescreen WVGA touch panel display
  • AM/FM/CD-R/CD-RW/CD-DA/DVD Video +/-R/W Playable MP3/WMA playback (CD/ DVD/ USB)
  • Peak Power Handling: 40 watts x 4 channels
  • Peak RMS Handling: 18 watts x 4 channels

  • Unreliable. Not a good value for the $$$ I will never buy another Clarion deck after owning this unit. Sure the deck is a grand improvement on a stock deck but for the price I'd rather own a highend nondvd deck DVD being novelty in a sedan. This is the bargain barrel DVD touchscreen deck and it is not worth your time or money. The interface sucks and it is unreliable. I can't tear it a new arsehole though without giving it some positive feedback though so here are some pros.PROSSounds better than a stock deck. Builtin Bluetooth mic works well for phone calls. You can watch movies on it when it lets you. Inexpensive for a DVD touch deck.CONSAUDIO QUALITYThe first next thing you will notice is the lack of midrange frequency in your audio primarily where vocals are heard. You can turn up the bass and treble but there are no controls for Mid. So basically everything is thumpthump crashcrash and nothing in between. Songs I love to listen to at home and via headphones sound totally different and unremarkable through this clarion deck. It's probably good for rap and hiphop but sounds like junk when playing rock or anything complex or melodic.The next thing you'll notice is the sub woofer volume if you own a sub. The range is from 0 7. The difference between 0 and 7 sounds like it should be the difference between 2 and 3. This is not a drastic or usable tool at all. I just keep it at 7 all the time. Dialing in the sub woofer isn't easy on this deck either as the controls are poorly documented and there is no section on dialing in a sub.ANNOYANCESYou will first notice this with the clunky behavior with iTunes. I got the separate iPod cable installed extra $50 and the interface is horrible. I'd much rather use the iPod itself to navigate music. I usually only use Pandora and that hardly interfaces at all so I use my phone to navigate anyway.The unit prefers bluetooth as an audio source so if you are using the ipod dock cable and have bluetooth turned & autosync turned on it will play out the dock cable for 2 seconds when you start your car then turn off and switch to the bluetooth source once it connects. This means turning your car off and back on leaving your phone/ipod plugged in you have to change the source every time you start your car back up. This is very annoying.Also turning the screen off at night is a great feature.
    Clarion Vx401 Before buying this i browsed way too many different sites and products while in my search to find a touchscreen receiver for my car. This clarion had the most bang for the buck with built in Bluetooth ipod compatibilityetc. The touchscreen is responsive easily visible and easy to navigate through while driving. I would recommend this to product to anyone.
    warning Bluetooth on this item I have been a fan of Clarion since early 2000. What a disappointment. They really let people down with this product. I sti have mine in my shop under a bench. This is where this unit belongs. Bluetooth features are horrible at best. Firmware in unit is subpar. Pioneer Alpine Kenwood are better options. Trust me on this I am an enthusiast and unfortunately they came up very short when they made this product.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera Best Bang for your Buck
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) Works great I don't know why you would buy the alternative. I ripped out my PAC SWI jack because it wouldn't work right. Connected the simple three wires on this unit turned on the ignition and the unit programmed itself in about 30 ...Read the full

    • Scosche FD1426B Double ISO DIN Kit for 2004-Up Ford Did it fit? Yes. This is a stereo mounting kit for Ford vehicle. It fits and looks nice and finished when installed in the 2006 Explorer we installed it in.If I say any more I am wasting my time and yoursLet me sum it all up..It fits looks ...Read the full

    • Scosche FD23B 2003-Up Select Ford Harness worked great This item was actually the adapter that plugs into the pictured wiring harness. The bag it came in identified the usual purpose of each wire. I connected the wires to the wiring harness that came with the Sony Player CD Receiver ...Read the full

    • SIRIUS SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner Sirius SCC1 Tuner is the way to go! After years of using a portable universal tuner through either the FM tuner or aux. jack on my stereo I finally decided it was time to upgrade my stereo head unit so I could integrate all my attachments. ...Read the full

    • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น