วันศุกร์ที่ 6 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

Jensen VM9414 MultiMedia Integrated Navigation Great single din with big screen

Jensen VM9414 Single DIN MultiMedia Receiver with 7-Inch Inch Flip Out Touch Screen, Integrated Navigation System
Jensen VM9414 Single DIN MultiMedia Receiver with 7-Inch Inch Flip Out Touch Screen, Integrated Navigation System Read more...

  • Secure Digital Card slot
  • Made for iPod via USB
  • 7" touchscreen
  • Built-in navigation
  • A/V playback via USB

  • Mostly OK but you won't like the GUI if you use your ipod I bought this unit for many reasons gps bluetooth sd/usb audio file access and most of all ipod control. I am mostly satisfied with the listed features except ipod control. The main problem is how the song navigation is controlled. First the GUI does not provide nearly enough space to display songs meaningfully. Second when accessing songs sorted by artist you are provided with a list of all songs by the artist with no way to filter by album this is a huge blunder on the GUI design. As a result if you have many albums by an artist the only way to to get to a specific album is not by accessing the artist list first but to drop back to the root menu and look at the entire list of all albums on the ipod sorted alphabetically with no indication of associated artist. There is no way to jump forward in this alphabetical list either. This is really the worst design from a user friendliness perspective. This interface is the result of designed by engineers and not designed for the user the most basic flaw of GUI/product development. All in all a nice piece of hardware but the GUI especially ipod control is not ready for prime time and an update.
    Seemed nice but ultimately disappointing. I installed a VM9414 in a Honda Fit recently found it worked great then watched it lose its mind in the course of a few days as the firmware crashed and burned.I may have gotten a lemon and while it worked it sounded good looked good and was reasonably nice to use though the navigation often had us going in the wrong direction or looking for imaginary streets.We first suspected problems when we'd return to the car and find the display half out of the unit even though it had been 'parked' when we parked. In such circumstances the firmware would respond to button presses giving a feedback chirp but would not actually perform the desired functions. Repeated efforts to reset to factory defaults confirming the DC supplies and confirming that there was no mechanical impediment to display motion were no help the radio simply had a mind of its own randomly repositioning the display even when accessory power was cut off.In the end I returned it.
    navigation view not acceptable Unit has a major problem as it will only show north up when using scale of .8 of a mile or greater. This is by default per Jensen I was told a map is always north up by Jensen. I can rotate a map. Would not buy again.
    Good Hardware Software Needs Improvement I bought this unit a little more than six months ago and wanted to spend some time using it before writing a review. I want to be clear in stating that I really like this unit. I got it to for the GPS and the iPod interface. The hardware has been very dependable. The touch screen makes this a breeze to use.For me this unit falls short on the software my issues may seem trite but if you're going to make a unit that interfaces with iOS devices you need to do a better job with your software.I bought the bluetooth module for this unit and that equipment works fine. I'm able to place and receive phone calls via the bluetooth hands free. I can sync my address book from my iPhone just fine the problem is that the names of the people in my address book don't sync properly. I just see a bunch of gibberish and then phone numbers. Sorry but I don't memorize every number in my address book. This forces me to place a bluetooth call via the phone's touch screen so that I know who I'm calling. I've contacted Jensen about this issue via their website but the response I get is to call their techs. They're on the East Coast so I'd have to take some time off work in order to try and resolve this issue. For the time being I'm just working around it.Playing music via my iPhone using bluetooth works just fine. No complaints there.Playing music via SD card works just fine as does via CD/DVD. I have no problems playing any of the many supported media formats.Video works just fine from DVD and/or my iPod. The radio works fine though I don't listen to radio. I just tested it to see if it works and it does.The GPS unit works very well. No delays and redirects are done quickly. The couple of quirks I've noticed are mostly due to map info that needs updating but you can't blame the hardware for that.
    Buying the Jensen UV10 Instead I gave this unit some serious consideration but I'll tell you why I'm purchasing the Jensen UV10 head unit instead.This unit provides nearly the same features as the Jensen UV10 head unit maybe with a few less faceplate buttons. Only this unit's integrated builtin GPS functionality does not work that well it is sluggish and has display problems due to an overtaxed processor both GPS and all other functions simultaneously. The UV10 on the other hand makes use of an external GPS unit that plugs in Jensen NAV102 GPS. The external GPS unit handles processing and frees up the head unit from having to double its workload thus allowing smoother operation and better response times. Just as an example the UV10's GPS functions NAV102 satellite acquisition is under 30 seconds. Also the NAV102 comes with all the most recent updates no $89 GPS update CD from Verizon required. Also the UV10 does not require a system bug fix update from Jensen like this one does.Added together the price for the UV10 and the NAV102 are only about $50 more. But the operation is much better and no further costly system or GPS updates are required. As such this is where I'm making my purchase. Hope this helps.
    Great single din with big screen I am very happy with my purchase of the VM 9414. I have a single din opening on my 2002 Chevy Silverado and this was a great solution to have a larger double din screen. I also ordered the following accessories Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera Jensen BTM15 Add On Bluetooth Module Metra 701858 Radio Wiring Harness For GM 8805 Harness Metra 994000 Dash Kit For GM 8204/Isuzu 9801 with Pocket and the Metra 40GM10 GM Antenna Adapter. I haven't decided if I need the Jensen Jlinkusb Ipod Audio/video Interface Cable for my Iphone to watch movies. The USB on the back of the head unit is able to play my music and display the title information on the screen. The DVD player worked fine. I really bought it for the built in Navigation. I like the fact that it stops playing music to give you directions. The GPS was ok but not as good as my Garmin. It was also slower when doing recalculations when you took a wrong turn. The first thing I did was to get a map update from Horizon. The $15 backup camera worked great. It really helped backing my big truck with a shell into the garage. I used the Bluetooth today for the first time with my Iphone. I got out and switched places with my friend who was outside my truck talking to me on his phone. He sounded just like the phone was next to his mouth. However the truck was not running or going down the road. The head unit was fairly easy to install with no glitches. All of the accessories like the camera and GPS antenna required a lot of time so be prepared if you do it yourself and add all of the extras especially if you're like me and want to have all of the wiring hidden under panels and such. My biggest complaint was that the screen would open when you turned on the ignition and would hit my shift lever if it was in park. I had to be on my toes whenever I started or stopped the truck to make sure I had the lever pulled back. The manual said you could set it to open/close manually but I couldn't find it in my menu. Here is the best part. I called on Monday to Audiovox customer service and told them my problem and by Wednesday I had the software update and installed it. Now everything works and I'm quite happy.
    great for the money i bought this in early march it came on time not hard to install my self.the gps went right through the corner of my door and has not been cut off or pinched yet.the monitor goes in and out smooth all funtions work great.it takes up to two min for the gps to re route but it you think about what the radio does boucing off sat dishes and getting your location then finding a new way to get some where that is great.
    Great Audio FeaturesO.K. GPS and Screen. When I bought this unit I had high expectations because the reviews here on Amazon.com were quite indepth. Many reviews talked about the unit and how easy it was to use.I couldn't agree more! This radio is a great addition to my '96 Ford F350 pickup. The radio quality is very nice. The knob feels great the plastics are high quality and the overall quality of the product makes a great first impression. I've had it about 2 months now so I feel I've used it long enough to discuss it here in the review section.All of the cables are clearly labeled. The instructions for installation and usage are very clear to understand with no issues. Installation of the unit was very straight forward. I spent about 45 minutes removing the old unit and installing this one. All the wires matched colors and I followed the advice of grounding the pink cable so you can use the screen while driving. big dealOnce installed it was time to use it. The first thing I noticed was the slick screen that motors out towards you then flips up. Watching it flip up you might think its rather flimsy. It shakes and vibrates on the way up and then tilts when it arrives. Don't let it fool you. It is actually quite sturdy and is eager to take your finger pokes! The first few flips found me having to continually adjust the tilt as it did not remember my preference but after the 3rd or 4th time it kept the tilt. Call it a quirk. There are a few as I will get to them momentarily.
    Sound is good GPS Fair BlueTooth Fair Installed in Mercedes SLK with wiring harness also purchased from Amazon.Prewired everything ran USB to console storage mounted metal strip near passenger visor to allow magnetic GPS receiver to attach ran BT option to dash clipped unused wiring between Mercedes Harness and radio slid in Jensen radio DIN to old radio opening connected external devicesBT GPS USB tested everything before permanently mounting. 4 tiny microscopic screws connect the unit to the DIN casing.BT incoming calls unless screen open I have not figured out how to answer calls. Imported contacts from phone OK but created entry for each number in a contact no contact grouping. Callers report voice strength and clarity is good. Will have to do some testing with incoming calls autoanswer to be happy I spent the extra money for this.NAV Just got the unit within the last week but map software is over a year old. Horizonnav.com wants $89 for updated map DVD. Software was V5.0.24 and was upgraded easily to V5.0.23. Volume of NAV is NOT tied to music volume so directions can barely be heard when it pauses play of radio or CD to give directions. Set night display as permanent as auto did not work properly. Disappointed with NAV out of the box. Jensen should allow new radio purchase MAP update.USB IPod Touch control of all music fantastic Thumb Drive a bit of a delay but once playing works like a champ.DVD I can confirm connecting pink wire to ground and DVD movie will play to flipup without the need for parking break. DVD Movie Sound and picture was good. MP3 DVD OK too.Radio Reception is very good. Many more stations found.
    Got GPS but lost all AM and most FM reception Bought the Jensen 9414 deck and had it professionally installed. Installation technician could not get any AM reception and only a few FM stations. I live in the Tampa/St. Pete Florida area which has hundreds of strong stations on both AM and FM and the radio I replaced got all of them. Contacted Jensen's technicians who advised to check the grounding which my installer did again. He pulled the radio out grounded it and even tried with a larger antenna but still no AM and only five FM stations.The GPS units works but is much more complicated than my portable Megallen unit. The Bluetooth feature works fine and my IPOD connection is great also.I have only had this unit for one week May 13 so more issues may be found. I am very disappointed in the total loss of AM and limited FM. I looked at the features and price and I bought the Jensen. Perhaps it would have worth it to pay more to keep the features I lost.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Jensen BTM15 Add On Bluetooth Module Works kinda I have had the same issue with importing the phone book. It does not work. However the sound comes through the car speakers just fine and the clarity is excellent. The manual says the phonebook importation is an issue with the ...Read the full

    • Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera Best Bang for your Buck
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Jensen Jlinkusb Ipod Audio/video Interface Cable Great Cable Although I hate to buy separate attachments this cable is the real deal. Works great with iPhones/IPods and my friends purposely bring their IPods just to watch movies/music in the car. I would say the only flaw is that the cable ...Read the full

    • XO Vision HTC35 Universal Weatherproof Backup Camera with NightVision Night vision backup camera inspection of the camera showed it was made of a good quality. It is sturdy but not bulky. it is good size so I know that it is not going to break easy and should hold up to normal wear and tear for a long while. ...Read the full

    • JENSEN JLINK2Cable iPod-Certified Cable ...Read the full

    • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น