วันพุธที่ 20 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2555

Sony XNV 660BT Bluetooth Integrated Navigation When it works, it's amazing!

Sony XNV-660BT 6.1-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with Bluetooth, USB, Satellite/HD radio ready, and Integrated Navigation from
Sony XNV-660BT 6.1-Inch WVGA In-Dash A/V Receiver with Bluetooth, USB, Satellite/HD radio ready, and Integrated Navigation from Read more...

  • Integrated Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; one-year limited warranty
  • Double-DIN AM/FM radio, DVD, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA/AAC, JPEG, USB, iPod, Bluetooth receiver with navigation
  • 6.1-inch touchscreen TFT Active Matrix LCD with 800 x 480 WVGA resolution and 17:9 aspect ratio
  • Integrated TomTom navigation with removable cartridge and pre-loaded maps of U.S. and Canada with one year of updates
  • 4 x 52 watts maximum power with 4V front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs

  • Absolutely Amazing The Sony XNV660BT is my favorite radio yet. The display looks great! Tom Tom GPS is very accurate and I added the Backup Camera and Sirius Radio too. I love the iPhone interface. This is very easy to use and worth every penny. I was uncertain at first whether I would like that the Tom Tom Module was external. But I just installed it in my glove Box so I can eject it easily for updates. It's the best out there.
    No ssues whatsoever I purchased this product 2 weeks ago from Car Toys. The package came within 3 days and was ready for install right away. I drive a 2007 Cadillac CTS so i also needed to purchase the Metra 40VW10 10Inch VW Antenna Adapter $8 Metra 992006 Installation Kit $29 and Metra GMOS10 harness $75. Everything arrived quiickly and i was ready for install within 4 days. Best Buy was backed up on appointments for a week so I reviewed the local August shops and chose Lawson's. They were fast efficient and only $125. it was done in 1 day on a first come first serve basis. The screen itself is amazing. The bluetooth is flawless and with the microfone installed up near the driver's sun visor the phonecalls are clearer than with my actual phone. The navigation has been spot on so far. I have had no issues with the maps loading or poor signal as some have suggested. You can even turn off the voice control commands and continue to listen to music or watch a movie while the GPS map displays on the screen. As far as the iPOD function there have been a lot of complaints about not being able to go to the next song without being sent all the way back to the main screen. I personally have a 30GB thumbdrive plugged into the rear USB drive. There is a cord from the back of the system running to my glove compartment where I can connect/disconnect my thumbdrive or iPOD. The Sony system allows me to play my music in the order of the playlist I created on the thumbdrive continuously without errors just by selecting the next track. The movies play loud and clear on the screen as well. DVDs look amazing and have a high resolution. After having the Sony XNV660BT for two weeks now I have yet to have any real issues only complaint is that the USB takes 1520 seconds to load when starting the car.
    I'm pretty happy Okay sorry to say..but I love this head unit. Let me first say that this is the first LCD head unit I did not get stock with a vehicle though. I had a JBL premium sound LCD in my 2008 Limited 4Runner and thought it was okay. This Sony HU blows it away. Tom Tom GPSEasy to use and easily updatable on your PC. The JBL unit I had with my Toyota required me to buy a new Nav CD every year for about $270! I have owned a Garmin and place the Tom Tom far above it as well. Ease of use and features are great. BluetoothWhat a difference this one is over my last 3 systems. I mounted my microphone at the left corner of my windshield and I have yet to get one complaint on my voice clarity or volume yet. My wife even asked me if I was on the handset. Setup was easy use is too easy and I'm more pleased with this than any other I've ever used. Ipod useI saw where users did not care for this feature. I have no problem. It's somewhat slow but other than that it's a huge upgrade over anything that comes from Toyota/JBL. I am able to scroll through playlists artists and songs. I don't know how or why other users had problems..but mine works just fine. Speed between selections is my only gripe. DVDI've never had this ability and it is certainly cool. I do not use it when driving but when I installed it I did ground the E brake wire to my frame to see what happened. Worked like a charm. You don't need a kit or any of the other crap if you want to violate state and federal law.but I don't do that and neither should you! Navigation through functionsEasy. What more can I say? The remote is handy when my wife does not agree with my choice in music. Steering wheel audio functions optionalI wanted to retain my ability to use the controls of my steering wheel and did. Tacotunes sells a unit for my 2011 Tacoma that is self programing and works awesome. I strongly suggest spending extra time and money on this. You never know how much you use them until you don't have them.All in all I'm very happy.
    just buy a simple stereo like a lot of people after my orininal stereo broke down i wanted to get a new stereo with GPS and vedio together so i bought this product. but the reality dont work out that way. at first everything is good. i am happy the only problem i have is sometimes the stereo got disconnected with my ipod so i have to reselect the AV mode to fix it. less than 2 month after i bought this product GPS is broken it says on the screen waiting for valid signal. it took it a long time to find the signal no kidding 20 mins and above. in some cases even after i get to my destination it's still searching how ridiculous is that. so i spend another 150 to buy a separate GPS. what really pisses me off is now even the audio now dont work right.
    Great Head Unit Some Areas For Improvement I've had this installed on my car for a little over six months now and on the whole I like the Sony Head Unit. Although there are definitely some areas for improvement the unit has been working great for me overall.Here's What I LikeTomTom GPS is fantastic. This is one of the main reasons I choose this unit. If you have one of their newer portable GPS's this behaves just like that with advance lane guidance and everything.
    Worst Sony product even for a loyal Sony customer Pluses+Nice looking screen+Nice sound quality but then again it may be my awesome speakersThe list of minusesfirst unit had Tomtom unit which was causing the rest of the head unit to freeze and be unresponsive.replacement GPS unit stopped working 2 months after professional installationwithout possibility of exchange after 1 monthvolume knob does not work if you spin it normally. you have to pull or push it while turning to get the inputscreen recognizes the input by changing color on the button but does not execute your commandswiping to switch songs requires a swipe of the entire screen. can cause callus on finger if you keep doing it. just use the remoteBluetooth mic is garbagetakes Sony car stereo 4 minutes to recognize a new Sony mp3 player plugged into the USB. Always starts from the first folder. Unsat.updates on the TomTom freeze constantly connected to a new Sony VAIO laptop. Unsat.limited updates on TomTom and this is supposedly the top of the line? C'mon give us the free updates like you do with cheaper models.You WILL see GPS SIGNAL UNAVAILABLE quite often even on clear days.takes you back to the top of the folder list when you turn it off and on more than 50% of the time. Just remember which song I left off please! I think it's worse if you have it hooked up to a USB source.used to detect my Bluetooth Android phone instantly. Now I have to manually make the unit search for it which is annoying while driving stickshift. Eventually it finds the phone but I have no idea when it will.can't change folders with the remote which is all I really need since the unit won't remember which folder I last listened toGPS menus are so strange. some can go back to the upper level some you need to select something to get all the way through the menu and back to normal.Bottom line Bad partnership between TomTomapple please make a car nav/stereo. I have always bought Sony instead of Apple but this is the biggest let down for this once loyal customer.
    Excellent Navigation Unit I have this unit installed in my Audi A6. Originally I planned to install it myself. That was foolish. I ended up paying a local place to do it for me and I'm very glad I did. It is a very intensive install especially with all the accessories Steerwing wheel control hookup/programming powered antenna GPS unit Ipod control etc Anyway about the unit.If you are looking for a NAVIGATION unit indash you will not find a better one. This is a true TomTom unit and is accordingly amazing. The fact that there is a standalone GPS unit you put into your glove box so you can pull it out and bring it inside to update is awesome.The DVD/Video function is beautiful the screen looks great and the integration while driving in GPS mode is seemless.The cd/mp3/radio/usb all work great and the head unit sounds amazing. I had the Bose stock system and it sounded great this upgrades the sound dramatically. Even my radio clarity has gone up very unusual with aftermarket for German cars.The iPod control that everyone seems to incessantly complain about is indeed slow. In fact all menus are a tad slow. However if your primary concern for a radio is for it to function exactly like your iPod then buy an Alpine. I would also recommend not buying a GPS. However it does work fine if you don't feel the need to constantly change the song yourself. Make a playlist and let it play. Put it on shuffle whatever. The only reason I'm dedicatig so much space to this is that everyone who reviews this unit this seems to be there biggest complaint and they give it a bad rating because of iPod integration. Silly. Even better idea. Put your entire playlist on a USB drive and plug it into your USB port in your glovebox that attaches to the unit and play off of that and don't bother with dragging your iPod along. If you insist on using your ipod realize that your ipod is not controlling the head unit. The head unit is using the ipod and plan playlists accordingly. For me specifically I only use playlists in my ipod or I play whole albums.
    Very Very Good The Sony XNV660bt is an excellent purchase for your money.I gave the Sony XNV660bt four stars because HD radio is not included.
    When it works it's amazing! I bought a refurbished unit and after installing it quickly discovered hardware problems. The navigation worked 10% of the time and otherwise had blinding white lines on the screen. I sent the unit in to be repaired because they were out of replacements and they sent it back still broken. I sent it back again they sent it back MORE broken! I don't have to tell you how frustrating it was to install/uninstall this thing every time tech support was lazy. I finally raised hell and they sent me a brand new unit after some of the longest holds and transfers ever.And it is awesome! It has lane notifications road color options for day and night different voices speed limits everything. The only thing it doesn't have is traffic which I believe you can pay for separately. I like TomTom much better than Garmin personally which is why I bought this device. I think though that Sony is discontinuing this unit and future units because of multivendor problems.The bluetooth is seamless with my phone both calls and music. I can stream Pandora from my phone. Until the latest update on my Android it showed all song information rooted phone works. With my ipod via USB cable sold separately but cheap it is easy to use unless you want to change albums and then you have to start at the top menu. AM/FM radio text rotates with only a few characters at a time but that's a product of radio technology.Good use of screen space and text placement overall. I definitely like the volume dial although it's slow because it's still controlled digitally and quickclick for turning it off and switching between music and nav. I feel that when first using a new device like this your probability for accidents goes way up but now that I'm used to it the navigation makes me a safer driver. Overall higher quality sound and more features than my stock unit.
    Garbage!!! I received the Sony XNV660BT in July for a birthday gift. I had it installed and it worked great for about a month. After that it went downhill FAST! Here it is six months later and I am paying to have it uninstalled AGAIN to send back for repairs AGAIN. The first GPS wouldn't get a signal. I had just the GPS and antenna replaced that time. After putting the new GPS and antenna in it worked for one day then quit working again. Also at that time the touch screen started to have lines across it and it quit responding to touch commands. I paid to have the entire unit uninstalled and sent back. They repaired the unit and sent it back to me. I paid to have it installed again. I drove off and the GPS now will sometimes get a signal but it loses it quickly and the screen goes from color to black and white plus only half the screen will respond to touch commands. I now am getting ready to pay to have the unit uninstalled again only to send it back in to have it repaired again. I am done with Sony I want my money back and I refuse to EVER purchase another Sony product again. Do not bother with this product you will be very disappointed.UPDATE 1/24/2012I am now on my 4th GPS unit and sending my entire unit back AGAIN for repairs. Sony REFUSES to replace my unit. I was informed yesterday on the phone that they will ONLY continue to repair the unit until they are no longer required to due to the 1 year warranty expiring. Horrible customer service. Terrible product. I've even had the install verified by another installer just to ensure that it was done properly which it was. Sony refuses to stand by their crappy product instead they screw over their customers stating they repair their inferior products. Don't waste your time don't bother with their products.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera Best Bang for your Buck
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) Works great I don't know why you would buy the alternative. I ripped out my PAC SWI jack because it wouldn't work right. Connected the simple three wires on this unit turned on the ignition and the unit programmed itself in about 30 ...Read the full

    • PAC SWI-PS Pioneer and Sony Universal Steering Wheel Radio Interface This is the product you need! w/how to program review video

    • Sony RC-200IPV iPod cable for XAV-60 and XAV-70BT AVC Ipod and Iphone cable The cable work really good video quality on the sony in dash gps looks amazing and the music sounds so clear highly recomended ...Read the full

    • Audiovox SNYSC1 Sirius Interface for Sony before you install it make sure you write down the SID number from the back of the unit before having it installed. It should also be on the packaging but don't bet on ityou might also be able to get it from the head unit but if it's a new ...Read the full

    • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น